Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shout out to those who have helped me

The past few weeks I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about covenant relationships, to steal a phrase from Penny (that happens a lot).  I've also spent quite a bit of time thinking about discipleship and mentoring.  I don't necessarily want to go into those right now, although we are talking about covenant relationships at youth Bible Study tonight if you are interested.  What I've realized is that I am only who I am today because of the people that were obedient to making disciples.  There is a long list of people who poured themselves into me, teaching me, encouraging me, rebuking me, and loving me.  They made a commitment that went beyond friendship, and for that, I am forever grateful.
I've gone back forth all morning on whether to try to type out a list.  I've decided not to, because I'm sure there are too many that I'd forget, or not realize how much they changed me.  But be assured, I thank my God every time I think of each of you, and pray that I can do just a small part of what you have for the Kingdom.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment